Monday, March 22, 2010

A Perfectly Understated and Classy Marriage Proposal with WF

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

 

Things went just fine last Saturday night.  She said yes! Fed Ex had me a bit worried Friday as they were so overloaded, they did not have your overnight package at the pickup facility until sometime late  Friday night.  By Saturday morning at 9:15am, they had it listed as available for pickup so I was quite relieved though a little on edge knowing I  still had to get the ring without Rebecca knowing.  In the early afternoon, I dropped her off at a nearby cafe while I went to FedEx to "pick up one of her  Christmas presents".  She was slightly suspicious but still not sure what I was up to.  To my relief, FedEx had the shipment just behind their counter and I didn't have to wait up to 45 minutes like some people did.  As I  opened the FedEx shipping boxes at my car, I realized that I was parked over a  storm drain, so I quickly made sure that I opened the packaging safely inside  the car less I chance a nightmare scenario of dropping the ring through the  grate!  Opening the ring box, the Whiteflash A Cut Above diamond was just as beautiful and  sparking as I had hoped (no doubt thanks to its A Cut Above ideal cut quality)  and I knew then that Rebecca would love it.

  We then went to dinner at Restaurant Gary Danko (one of the top restaurants in San Francisco) where the proposal was to take place.  I previously arranged with the restaurant's maitre d' to have a 1/2 bottle of Krug "Grand Cuvee" NV Champagne ready and slipped him the ring while she went to the bathroom.  Once she came back, they brought out the champagne without announcement and then surprised her by placing a little white bowl in front of her with the opened ring box sitting in it.  A big smile appeared on her face, she kinda gasped, became giddy, and placed her head on my shoulder for a moment (we sat side-by-side) as she stared at the ring.  She was so excited that she just took the tiffany style engagement ring out of the box and put it on her finger herself and did not even wait for me to say or do anything.  To my relief, I didn't have to get on my knee or make a scene, but I did formally ask her "the question" just to be sure.  Despite the very expensive dinner and fabulous wine, she spent the rest of the three hour dinner staring at the ring on her finger and told me that "I did good".  She later said that she didn't really taste the food or wine after getting the ring!

  Thanks again for your help and great service in getting me the ring in one week's time.  Thanks for making it the perfect understated and classy marriage proposal (according to Rebecca as well).

  Here are the pictures we took from last Saturday night with Rebecca's little point-and-shoot digital.  Too bad I wasn't able to use my real camera, which is way too big, or else the shots would have been professional (photography is a serious hobby of mine).

 

Thanks,

 

Andrew

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous