Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Special Whiteflash Proposal

 

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

 

So after I purchased a ring from you I quickly locked it away in a briefcase in the back of my closet. At the time my girlfriend was still finishing up her senior year at Southern Methodist University so the initial plan was to fly in for graduation (coincidentally also fell on her 22nd birthday) and propose while her parents were in town and we were already in a celebratory mood. Unfortunately, due to her younger sister graduating the next day from high school in Kansas they could not stay long in down and I shelved that plan. At this point, the ring had been in my briefcase for 4-5 months gathering dust. The summer passed, and during the Fall, Lauren (the girlfriend) made plans to move from Dallas to NYC and take a job with an accounting firm in Times Square and move in with me. Once she moved up here, and we adjusted to living in 800 square feet with no car I realized this was the woman I could spend the rest of my life with and be completely comfortable with. So, the next plan was to take up the Knot.com’s offer to clear out the ice rink at Rockefeller center and propose during the Christmas season with just us two on the ice. For better or worse, the day before that was supposed to happen I cracked and couldn’t wait any longer and proposed in our apartment. Not the ideal proposal but my now fiancée still cried and said ‘yes’…..eventually J. Needless to say she made me re-propose so that she could have an “official” wedding proposal story to tell her friends. So, I bought up tickets to the NYC ballet and proposed at Lincoln Center Performing Arts Center in Manhattan, and she said yes again. Wedding day is set for 8/1/09 in Kansas City, KS with a 2-week honeymoon in the French Riviera soon after.

 

Oh and the best part, she absolutely loved the diamond ring! It was identical (but with a better stone ;-) than the $14k Tiffany diamond ring she had fawned over two Christmas’ ago. We actually went to Tiffany this weekend and the sales clerk without hesitating tried to sell us the matching wedding band that accompanied the engagement ring ( he totally thought it was a Tiffany ring on her finger). So great job Whiteflash!

 

 

 

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous