Thursday, April 23, 2009

Definitely a satisfied customer!


 

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

 

Sorry I didn't email you earlier. I gave the diamond engagement ring to my now fiancé on our way to Vegas a few weeks ago while we were passing through Redwood National Park on the California coast. She was blown away. She absolutely loves the diamond and has received dozens of comments on it. Everyone is amazed at how big it is! Thank you as I wouldn't have been near as happy had I not decided to buy a diamond online. When I had found a diamond in stores I was never really that excited because there was always one aspect about it that was not perfect and I felt as though I was paying too much. There isn't a single change I would make to the diamond you helped me pick out and I know I saved roughly 2K over getting a less than equivalent stone at Jared's.

Definitely a satisfied customer!

Andrew

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous