Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scrapbooks, Diamonds and Tears of Joy

Dear Whiteflash.com Sales Team, 

Thank you so much for the beautiful Infinity Diamond Engagement Ring! I received it in the mail today, ahead of all estimates of arrival and I'm very happy. The ring is beautiful, the diamond is gorgeous and the craftsmanship is amazing. She said yes!  This wasn't really a surprise, we have talked about getting married for almost a year, but it is still exciting!

I proposed on Valentines Day, which might seem a little cliché, but worked for us.  We started dating on Oct. 14, 2008, and the 14th of every month has had special meaning since then.  This also gives us time to plan and have our wedding on the same date that we had our first date, kind of fun!

I had things all planned out but they fell through the week before, so I ended up doing something intimate. Last Valentines Day, I raided her "memory" box and made a scrapbook with our pictures, notes, concert tickets, etc. for her. She loved it and we look at it from time to time.  This Valentines Day I made two more pages and put them at the end.  The first was of all the places we used to go when we started dating, which I went and snapped that day.  The second, and final, had the gorgeous pictures of the diamond ring from Becca!

We sat on the couch before dinner and ate some strawberries and drank champagne while we looked through the scrapbook and talked about our life together. When we got to what she thought was the last page, I told her I had added a couple more (she wasn't even suspicious at this point). We got the last page and she was speechless; I did the one knee, etc and she just cried (in the good way)!  It was sweet and intimate, but she's not a showy girl. It fit our relationship and her, and I think that's what is most important.

We couldn't be happier!  She loves her diamond engagement ring and it was absolutely perfect for her!  She has received many, many compliments on it, and I would get the exact same one again, if I had to do it over!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  It looks fantastic on her!

Sincerely,

Ryan and Holly!

Posted via email from wfdiamonds's posterous