Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Suprise Empire State Building Proposal with Whiteflash

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

 

I have some wonderful news to share.  I proposed over the weekend and she said YES!  Now for the story:

 

My girlfriend (now fiancée) and I have been dating for a little over 2 years now, most of which has been somewhat long distance, I live in Philadelphia, PA and she lives in Atlantic City, NJ (about an hour and half apart, depending on traffic).  Last week I asked her what her thoughts were on taking a "spontaneous" trip to NYC on Saturday to do some sight seeing if the weather was nice.  She thought that was a good idea, so after scouring the weather reports to make sure that the weather was going to cooperate, I called her Dad on Wednesday night and asked for her hand.  Unfortunately I had to do it over the phone because her parents live in Syracuse, NY (about 5 hours away) and we didn't really confirm that we were actually going to go to the City until mid-week, so there wasn't really any time for a last minute trip to Upstate NY.  Anyways, her father gave me his blessing and the countdown to the weekend was on.

 

I drove down to her apartment in NJ on Friday night with the ring already planted in the pocket of the jeans that I had planned on wearing the next day.  We took the train into the NYC on Saturday, went to the World Trade Center site, hung out in Battery Park, walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, ate some pizza, and spent the rest of the day walking around and people watching in Central Park.  Once the sun started to go down and the weirdos started coming out in the Park, we took the train back to midtown and walked to the Empire State Building.

 

We had bought tickets to go the top (86th floor observatory) of the Empire State Building online the day before, so everything was going as planned and she had no idea about what was to come.  The security to go to the top was like that of an airport (x-ray machines + metal detectors) and I was REALLY nervous that the diamond engagement ring in my pocket would set off the metal detector, but luckily it did not. So we took a really fast elevator to the top and walked around gazing at the city and all the lights.  After about a half an hour, she started to get cold (it was very windy up there) and wanted to leave, but I still had a job to do... 

 

So I suggested that we should have somebody take our picture while we were up there before we left and she agreed.  We stood there for a little while longer waiting to find somebody to take our picture.  Finally a man and woman came up beside us and I asked the woman if she would take a picture of us.  She said sure, so I handed her the camera and while my girlfriend was putting down her hood and fixing her hair, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me when she turned around for the picture.  She was so shocked that she screamed and started crying and barely let out a yes.  So now we are engaged and I am the luckiest man in the world!

 

Thank you and the rest of the wonderful people at Whiteflash for all of the time and consideration that you put into helping me select the perfect diamond and setting for my fiancée’s engagement ring.  We both absolutely love it and have proudly stated your name when people have asked where we got it from.  I recommend Whiteflash to any and everybody that is looking for high quality diamonds at reasonable prices and customer service that is second to none.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

 

One extremely satisfied customer,

 

Chad

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous