Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Stunning and Surprising Proposal with Whiteflash.com

Dear Whiteflash Sales Team,

  I have been meaning to get in touch with you, I even told Mindy that we needed to call you to give you the good news! We did get engaged last Tuesday, and it went PERFECTLY.

  We had been planning on taking off a few days together to do some day trips around the area, and I've spent the last 4 months throwing her off from an engagement the best I could while still being able to maintain a relationship :)

  So on Tuesday, we drove down into the botanical gardens in DC, and then went to the national art museum as well. It was something we used to do when we were younger. We spent the day there, and then on the drive home, I suggested we stop for dinner at a restaurant that we don't go to often, but occasionally. It is where we had our first date. We had a great meal, and then on the drive home, I joked, hey this has been a good day following things from our past, lets stop by the waterfront (there is a lake near our home that we also used to hang out at a lot more when we were younger). She said, sure that sounds great, still not having the slightest idea. As we were walking around the lake, it started to drizzle a little bit (she loves the rain) and I took her out to the end of the pier, gave her a little speech, got down on one knee and asked her. She was looking down at me in complete and total astonishment. She kept saying "what are you talking about?!?!" and "wait what’s going on??" and for what felt like an eternity, and realistically was about 5 seconds, she still hadn’t answered and was all flustered. I said, you still haven’t answered me, and she said "yes, a million times yes" and I got up and she then was about to hug me and said she didn’t know whether to hug me or hit me (cause I had been throwing her off so much for a months now). It was literally perfect, and fit us just right.  

  Of course, the diamond engagement ring took center stage. She wouldn’t stop looking at it, and has NOT stopped talking about it. Everyone she shows is blown away, and to be honest, every time I look at it I almost can’t believe it. We've gotten more compliments on that engagement ring than anything I have ever had or seen. It’s absolutely crazy. Everyone asks where we got it, etc, and each and every time I sing your praises. You truly made this possible and there is no way I could ever thank you enough for what you’ve done for us both.  

  I wish you the best, Vera, and if you’re ever in the DC Metro Area please, please look us up, Id love to meet you in person.  

  Well be contacting you soon enough for our wedding bands!

  Thanks again,
Mike

 

Posted via email from Whiteflash Diamonds posterous